Imagine running low on food and your best friend who has been out of town for a year has just told you that he/she is coming to meet you in an hour in Jacksonville. You’re excited when you hear the news, but the feeling of excitement suddenly goes away when you realize you’re not prepared for the situation. You take your car out of the garage, drive to the grocery store while maintaining the speed limit, and enter the grocery store.
You were in and out of the store in 15 minutes. As you walked towards your car, you noticed several dents on top of the hood and roof of your car caused by acorns! You should have remembered not to park underneath an oak tree on a windy day! Now you start to imagine the painfully long process you’ll have to go through to get it removed.
Although you may feel tired just thinking of finding an inexpensive solution, to your relief, a paintless dent repair can save the day.
What Is A Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)?
A paintless dent repair is the modern approach to repairing vehicles that is a lot quicker than the conventional method of repairing dents.
It’s understandable why there was a need to create a different approach to fixing dents because the traditional method of repairing a car is troublesome and time consuming.
The Problems With the Traditional Method
The traditional method of fixing dents on your car has been around for decades because by appearance it may seem like your car has been fixed. However, in reality your car has lost its structural integrity and has a weaker body now.
When a car technician uses the traditional way to repair the dents on your car, they drill two holes around the dent and then fill it with body fillers. After this, they paint over this space with a paint and it looks like your car has been repaired. When your car is shipped from the factory, it comes with a protective coating that protects your car from dents and dings, and with the traditional method, the coating from your car is removed.
The Benefits of PDR
There are several benefits of PDR which make it the best choice for dent repair in 2020. Here’s why you should consider getting a PDR.
- It’s a lot more affordable than the traditional method since the PDR process is a lot simpler than the conventional method, making it convenient for the customer and the repair specialist.
- It’s considered environmental-friendly since no harmful fumes are released into air.
- It’s also a lot quicker. Most cars that come in for a PDR leave the same day!
Using PDR for Acorn Damage
Here’s why you should be using PDR for acorn damage:
- Since the dents caused by acorns are small and negligible, they can be easily repaired with the PDR method. Compared to the auto body shop method, the PDR method is a lot quicker.
- It is also a lot more affordable than the conventional method. Why would you want to pay a premium amount for a dent that is barely visible?
- Depending on your insurance coverage, most insurance companies will cover the cost of PDR repair.
- PDR can also prolong the life of your car. So in a way, you’re getting your money back with the dent repair you get!
Appearance 1st Automotive is your best choice for PDR but that depends on whether you’re a candidate or not. Contact us today to for a free estimate on acorn dent removal!